SYT takes privacy very seriously. The following five principles outline our approach to your privacy:
We value the trust you are placing in us by sharing your personal information with us. We will always use your personal information in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust.
You have the right to have clear information about how we will use your personal information. We will always be transparent with you about what information we collect, what we do with it, who we share it with and who to contact if you have any questions.
If you have any concerns or questions about how we will use your personal information, we will work with you to resolve them.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and to keep it secure.
We will comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations and work with the relevant authorities. In the absence of data protection legislation, we will act in accordance with generally accepted principles governing data protection.
Information collected on pages, platforms and/or applications (“Third Party Sites”) that we do not control;
Information collected by Third Party Sites that you access via a link on SYT Sites; or promotional boxes, contests or promotions on Third Party Sites in which SYT participates or sponsors.
These third-party sites have their own privacy policies and terms and conditions. We encourage you to read them before using such sites.
If you do not agree to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in this manner, please do not use the SYT Sites or provide personal information to SYT.
Unless you expressly indicate otherwise, you consent to SYT’s sending you information electronically, by voice call, portal mail or text message.
If we discover that we have collected information from anyone without such consent, we will delete it as soon as possible.
Access to certain parts of the SYT Sites and/or eligibility to receive prizes, samples or other gifts may be restricted to users who are 18 years of age or older. We may use your personal information to verify your age and exercise our age rules.
INFORMATION YOU MAY PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US
We may collect information directly from you when you give us personal information. For example: when you register for a promotion, use applications, purchase a product or service from us, fill out a survey or make a comment. The type of information we may collect directly from you includes:
Your email address
Credit card or payment information
Date of Birth
User-generated content for the SYT site
Any other personal information you voluntarily provide us with
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT WHEN YOU USE THE SYT SITES
Information about the browser you use details of the pages you viewed your IP address, the hyperlinks you clicked, your username, profile picture, gender, networks, and any other information you choose to share when using third party sites (such as giving you “Like” on Facebook or the +1 feature on Google+) the sites you visited before coming to the SYT site.
Most Internet browsers are set to accept cookies. You can change this setting to block cookies or to be alerted when cookies are being sent to your computer. If you disable cookies, this may impact your experience on SYT sites.
INFORMATION WE MAY OBTAIN FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive personal information about you from other sources which may include: commercially available sources, such as public databases and information from third parties to whom you have given your permission to share your information. The type of personal data we may obtain from such sources include:
Preferences and information about your lifestyle and distinctions such as your hobbies and interests
We use your personal information to:
- Evaluate your use of SYT’s sites, products and services.
- Analyze the effectiveness of our advertising, contests and promotions;
- Personalize your Web site experience, as well as to evaluate (in an anonymous and aggregate form) Web site activity statistics, such as what time you visited, whether you have visited before, and which site led you to our site;
- Make SYT Web Sites easier to use and tailor SYT Web Sites and our products to your interests and needs;
- Help speed up your future activities on SYT Web Sites. For example, a site may recognize that you have provided your personal information and will not ask you for the same information a second time;
- Collect information about the device you are using to view the SYT Web Site, such as your IP address or the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using and link it to your personal information to ensure that the SYT Web Sites provide you with the best online experience;
Only where you have given us your consent will we contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
We use your personal information to:
- Suggest products or services (including those of third parties) that we believe may be of interest to you; Offer you the opportunity to participate in our contests or promotions; You may, at any time, opt-out of receiving direct promotions from us and any direct promotional communications we send you will provide you with the information and means necessary to opt-out of this service;
We may use your information for:
- For the purposes of contests or promotions in which you have entered;
- To send you information, products or samples you have requested;
- To respond to your questions or comments;
When we collect personal information for a specific purpose, we will not keep it for longer than is necessary to fulfill the purpose, unless we need to keep it for legitimate business or legal reasons. To protect your information from malicious or accidental destruction, when we delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our servers or remove information from our support service.
We have available a service through which you may receive text or other SYT messages (such as SMS, EMS or MMS) on your mobile or wireless phone (“Mobile Messaging Service”). If you sign up for any of our Mobile Messaging Services, you agree to receive such SYT messages at the address or telephone number you provide for such purpose (unless and until you choose to unsubscribe from the service by following the instructions in the Your Rights and Who to Contact section).
You understand that your standard wireless connection rate applies to these messages, and that you may change your mind at any time by following the instructions in the Your Rights and Who to Contact section.
You acknowledge and agree that the Mobile Messaging Service is provided via wireless systems that use radios (and other tools) to transmit communication over complex networks. We do not guarantee that your use of the Mobile Messaging Service will be private or secure, and we are not responsible for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are entirely responsible for taking precautions and security measures that best suit your situation and your intended use of the Mobile Message Service. We may also access the contents of your wireless or cell phone account with your carrier for the purpose of identifying and resolving technical problems or service-related complaints.
As a general rule, we do not share your personal information with anyone outside the SYT Group. However, there are some trusted third parties with whom we may share your personal information.
We may share your information with:
- Our advertising agencies to help us fulfill and analyze the effectiveness of our promotions and advertising campaigns;
- Third parties who are required to deliver a product or service to you, such as a postal or courier service that delivers a product you have ordered;
- Law enforcement or government authorities in cases where they have followed due process in requesting that we share information with them;
- Only in cases where you have given us your consent to do so, to third parties who wish to send you information about their products and services;
- Third party service providers, such as companies that process data for SYT;
- Providers of web analytics tools, such as Google for example.
- We may also share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of the SYT Group if we believe that disclosure is necessary for legal reasons.
We may share your personal information to:
- Conduct investigations of possible violations of applicable laws, to detect, prevent and protect against fraud and any technical or security vulnerabilities
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations, and work together for any legal investigations and to comply with governmental requirements.
SYT does not sell personal information, except to entities from which we divest all or a portion of our business (for example, in connection with the sale of a brand), or in connection with mergers, consolidations, change of control, reorganization or liquidation of all or a portion of our business.
You should be aware that in many countries your personal information does not enjoy the same legal protection that you enjoy in your home country. However, we promise you that anyone who processes your personal information is required to implement measures to protect your personal information and is only entitled to process it on SYT’s instructions.
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep your personal information secure and to require any third party who handles or processes your personal data for us to do the same. Access to your personal information is restricted to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse and is permitted only among our employees and representatives only when strictly necessary.
You have the right to tell us if:
You do not want us to contact you in the future;
You want a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
You want us to correct, update or delete your personal information from our records;
You wish to report any misuse of your personal information.
Please provide us with your full name and other relevant details to help us process your request.
Acceptable Use Policy
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICIES, GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) shall govern the relationship between: i) the user (the “User”) interested in requesting the contracting of Web Hosting Services, Virtual Private Servers (VPS) or Dedicated Servers (the “Services”) and ii) SERVICIOS Y TELECOMUNICACIONES S.A (“SyT”), in its capacity as telecommunications service provider, domiciled in Suipacha 128 2nd C, of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, CUIT 30-69038167-9.
The User accepts that the contracting request made through the Web Site implies the conformity and acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions.
- If the User does not agree with the Terms and Conditions, he/she must refrain from requesting the contracting of the Services offered therein. Otherwise, it shall be understood that he/she has fully accepted the conditions set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and therefore expressly agrees to comply with them.
- In order to request the contracting of the Services, the User must identify himself/herself by entering the following personal data: (i) Name and Surname (ii) Document Number (ID Card, DNI or Passport) or CUIT Number and (iii) E-mail address and (iv) Complete Address.
- The User is solely responsible for the truthfulness and authenticity of the data entered by him/her, and SyT shall not be liable for any damages that may arise as a result of the falsity or inaccuracy of the data provided. SyT may request proof and/or additional data in order to corroborate the veracity of the data provided by the User, as well as temporarily or permanently suspend the User when the data could not be confirmed and/or reject ongoing requests. In these cases of disqualification, the transaction will be cancelled, without any right to compensation. The User is obliged to notify immediately and by suitable and reliable means, any unauthorized use of their data.
- The only purpose of the data entered by the User is to request the contracting of the Services, being able to exercise the right of access to his/her personal data entered in the Website free of charge at intervals of no less than six months, unless a legitimate interest to that effect is evidenced pursuant to the provisions of Section 14, subsection 3 of Law No. 25,326. The NATIONAL DIRECTORATE FOR THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA, the controlling body of Law No. 25.326, is responsible for dealing with complaints and claims filed in relation to the non-compliance with the rules on the protection of personal data.
- SyT shall make the offer of the Services on the Website, which may be accepted by the User through the means provided by the Website for such purpose. The acceptance of the offer shall be subject to the suspensive condition that SyT validates the transaction. Consequently, confirmation and/or validation or verification by SyT shall be a requirement for the formation of consent. Prior to validating the transaction, SyT shall verify: a) that it has at the time of acceptance of the offer the availability of the Services; b) that it validates and accepts the means of payment offered by the User, c) that the data recorded by the User are truthful and d) that the User meets the credit requirements for the contracting of the Services. SyT shall send a confirmation of the processing of the transaction to the e-mail address provided by the User, including the transaction number for its identification. The sending of the processing confirmation shall not imply the validation of the transaction. SyT shall carry out the necessary verifications to validate the transaction within a term not exceeding 72 working hours as from the acceptance informed by the User. The transaction shall be understood to have been validated if SyT does not reject it within the aforementioned term, informing the User by e-mail or telephone. Once the transaction has been validated, the consent shall be deemed to be formed at the place where it was issued by the User.
- The transaction number of the contracting made must be kept by the User and provided to SyT upon request.
- The User may revoke the contract within ten (10) days from the date on which the Services are provided. This power may not be waived or renounced. In order to do so, the User shall give SyT a reliable notice of such revocation.
- The User acknowledges that the reproduction in any form or manner, copying, modification, inclusion, distribution, commercialization, compilation, disassembly, use of reverse engineering techniques of the Services offered within the Website is prohibited and constitutes an infringement of intellectual property rights, being obliged, consequently, not to perform any of the aforementioned actions.
- SyT shall not be liable for any damage occurring to equipment, software, or data (whether digital or not) owned by the User or third parties, sent, received, transmitted or hosted within SyT’s Datacenter.
- In no event shall SyT be liable for consequential damages (except for fraud), loss of profits or any other direct or indirect loss that the User may suffer as a direct or indirect consequence of the provision of the Services and/or access to SyT’s Datacenter.
- SyT shall not be liable for interruption or failure of the Services attributable to acts of God, force majeure or third party liability, nor for the content of the information or data found in the User’s equipment, whether owned or leased and/or circulating through its network, exonerating the User from any direct or indirect liability that may arise due to any infringement of intellectual property laws, defamation, slander and/or any other act of third parties.
- SyT’s liability shall extend, at most and in any case, to the value of the last month of payment of the contracted service(s), taking as a reference the last invoice actually paid by the User and received by SyT.
- All trademarks, product names, company names and logos appearing on the Website belong to their respective owners. The User may not copy or use the trademarks, product names and company names, as well as their respective logos and any other from which derive copyright and / or intellectual or industrial property rights. The User undertakes to comply with these Terms and Conditions, and shall be solely liable for any breach thereof vis-à-vis third parties, and shall in any case indemnify SyT against any claim that may arise, including copyright, trademarks, patents, confidential information and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, against them as a result thereof. The User undertakes to use the Website in good faith, in a diligent, correct and lawful manner and, in particular, undertakes to refrain from using the Website in a manner, for purposes or with effects contrary to law, morality and generally accepted good customs or public order. In particular, the User undertakes not to engage in any of the following conducts:
Any form of illegality: including activities such as unauthorized distribution or copying of software protected by intellectual property laws, violation of export restrictions, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug trafficking, and any other illegal activity.
Network abuse: includes, among others, activities such as using a non-existent e-mail address in response to a commercial request, spamming (sending unsolicited advertisements to a large number of e-mail addresses or discussion groups and/or generating a significantly higher volume of outgoing mail than the average user), trolling (sending offensive messages in order to generate a massive response), mailbombing (sending a large number of messages without significant alteration of their content to the same user), subscribing someone to a mailing list without that person’s consent, cross-posting articles to an excessive number of discussion groups, sending excessive network requests, DDos or attempting to access a secure computer without authorization.
Tortious conduct: includes sending defamatory, scandalous or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional harm, or violating trademarks, or other property protected by intellectual property laws.
Misuse of system resources: including the use of programs that affect the normal performance of the contracted service, excessive mailing, excessive mail forwarding capabilities, automatic response generators for use other than normal customer account maintenance, CGI scripts or malicious programming codes that affect the service and/or third parties. Use that does not comply with municipal, provincial or national law. Excessive consumption or use of CPU time/load, memory, data traffic or storage space that exceeds what is stipulated in the Services or that may cause problems to the Services and/or third parties.
Install or use your own or third party software that may affect the Services.
Install and/or host game servers.
SyT reserves the right to take the measures it deems appropriate, including the suspension, blocking or permanent termination of the Services in the event of non-compliance by the User with the provisions of this clause.
- Before requesting the contracting of the Services offered on the Website, the User must take into account that they may not be available. Any request for contracting is subject to availability. The terms and conditions applicable to payments made by credit or debit card, and any other similar means of payment, shall be those defined by the issuers of such cards and means of payment.
- The Prices of the Services shall be those in force at the time of contracting and published on the Website at the time of the transaction. SyT may modify the prices on the Website and they shall be deemed accepted by the User if he/she does not request the cancellation of the Services fifteen (15) days after the new prices have been informed.
- The Services shall be paid by the User in the following manner: Credit card or “Print and Pay” through SyT’s website, bank transfer, check or cash. SyT is entitled to charge additional surcharges for late payment, whose values shall be subject to SyT’s absolute consideration.
- SyT may modify or replace the Terms and Conditions, and shall not be liable for any damages and/or losses that may arise therefrom. SyT reserves the right to deny access to the User without prior notice when the User makes an improper or inconvenient use and/or damages its normal development, without this giving rise to any liability on the part of SyT or any right to any claim. For operations in progress, prior to such modifications, the conditions in force at the time of their conclusion shall remain in force, unless the new modifications introduced were more convenient for the User. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the User is responsible for reading and accepting these Terms and Conditions each time he/she carries out transactions through the Website.
SyT reserves the right to interrupt, suspend or modify at any time the Services offered through the Website, either permanently or temporarily. In this case, the User’s consent shall not be required, and no prior notice shall be necessary. Likewise, SyT does not guarantee permanent access or use of the Website, since it may be interrupted due to technical issues beyond SyT’s control and shall not be liable for the inadequate operation of the Website if this is due to maintenance work, a defective configuration of the computer equipment through which the User operates or its insufficient capacity to support the systems essential to make use of it, nor for any damage caused to the user in case of inability to access the Website based on cases of unforeseeable circumstances, force majeure or other causes not attributable to SyT, such as, but not limited to, a power outage due to causes attributable to the User and/or the company providing such public service and/or any other cause, or interruption of the Internet access service contracted or accessed by the User, or lack of power in the User’s terminal equipment, or technical failures in the User’s terminal equipment, or interference or failures in the Internet access service used by the User, or any other type of technical inconvenience not attributable to SyT.
- When the interruption of the Services is attributable to SyT, the proportional amount of the corresponding subscriptions shall be discounted. In no case shall SyT be liable for loss of profits and/or any other loss that the User or third parties may suffer as a direct or indirect consequence of the provision of the Services.
- Likewise, SyT does not guarantee that the Website is free of viruses, hijacks, malicious code or any other element that may damage or alter its normal operation. It is the sole responsibility and obligation of the User to have the appropriate tools to detect, disinfect and/or prevent any type of elements and/or possible damages of this nature. SyT shall not be liable for any damage that may occur to the User’s computer equipment and/or software as a result of browsing the Website.
- SyT shall periodically perform maintenance tasks on the servers and/or equipment. SyT commits to an annual availability percentage of 99.98% of the Services. When the availability is less than 99.98%, SyT shall credit the User with the amount corresponding to the period of time in which the Services were affected.
- Technical support shall be provided in the client area of the website, or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
- In the event that the User decides to exercise his/her right to terminate without cause the contracting made through the Website, he/she may do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “TERMINATION REQUEST” in the subject line. In case of exercising such right, SyT shall send to the User’s address registered on the Website, a reliable proof of the cancellation request, within 72 hours from the effective receipt of such request.
- For all purposes arising from the contracting request, the User constitutes the address indicated on the Website, where all notifications sent by SyT shall be considered valid. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the Argentine Republic and shall be interpreted in accordance with them. Any difference, disagreement or conflict arising from the interpretation, validity, scope and/or application of these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the Federal Courts corresponding to the domicile of the User registered in the Website.